Friday, July 1, 2011

Writing About Writing Again

It's still way early in the day by my standards, but I feel like I need to keep posting on a regular basis or else I'll just go on another spontaneous hiatus. SO, UH.

It's certainly no secret that I write. A lot. But what I don't think most people know is just HOW MUCH my "Writing Projects" folder is overrun with pieces of plot and random chapters that have no place to go, really. Well, recently I thought I should, maybe, I don't know, try to do something about that. Like organize or something? So I made a new folder (ANOTHER ONE ;;;) and aptly named it ORPHANED PLOT-BABIES.

But what I didn't realize until now was just how many orphaned plot-babies I have. So this new folder has basically become the equivalent of a hospital/church doorstep upon which I can drop my unwanted or unneeded plot points until they grow up and suddenly become interesting again.

...I FEEL LIKE A TERRIBLE PERSON.

"Plot babies" is probably the wrong term to use here, because it implies that these babies have plots. Most of them don't really have any direction or discernible end in mind, which is what makes them so difficult to work with.

Like, for example, the I-don't-know-HOW-old superhero verse in which the main character is just a regular cop who doesn't have any extraordinary powers but still somehow manages to stop more crime than the people who do, and is then promptly named a supervillian for thwarting said people's attempts to BE SUPER.

LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT IS THAT EVEN

WHERE IS THAT GOING

HOW DID THAT EVEN BECOME AN IDEA

Photobucket

Or that one random period piece about pirates actually being pirates who do bad things? Yknow, that one where I did an inordinate amount of research for? Not even NaNoWriMi could wrench a workable plot from out of that one.

BRAIN, WHY ARE YOU MY BRAIN

PLEASE GO BE SOMEONE ELSE'S BRAIN

Or, or, ok, what about the one about the crazy guy who kidnaps random people and forces them to commit crimes for him, all because he thinks there's this huge government conspiracy and the only way to expose it is to, I don't know, rob banks and kick puppies.

..I just reread that paragraph and I don't even know what to say.
Photobucket

WHY

I-...um.

Ninjas.

I'll just have to add ninjas. Yes, that will fix this problem.

I mean, at least I'm never bored. But still. GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN WORK WITH, BRAIN.

On the school front, I have a little over a week before I start my Calculus class, which means goodbye writing time! MAYBE IT'S FOR THE BEST. Maybe I'll end up writing a horror story involving Calculus.

Oh wait. THAT WOULD BE MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

Photobucket

I actually drove to the campus yesterday to see how long it would take me, and it's a little over 15 minutes. Also, I, uh, wanted to find the classroom so I wouldn't be lost on the first day. I have a real talent for getting lost, though, so I'll probably still find a way to get turned around. But, just, not as bad as I WOULD have.

I'm going to stop this now, or else I'll just start writing about writing again, haaa ;;;

P.S. This is probably the most I've ever said about specific things I'm writing. I'm terribly secretive about it! It's like a painting, kind of, not really. But a painter wouldn't want anyone to see the bare bones of their work before it's finished, right?

Also, I was considering posting this year's NaNoWriMo stuff on my blog (whenever/if-ever that happens), but I'd hate to junk up your blog feed with "AND TODAY, OUR MAIN CHARACTER HERP DE DERP GOES TO THE STORE TO BUY SOME FLOUR BECAUSE HE IS OUT OF FLOUR AND HE WANTS TO MAKE A CAKE".

Except I would say exactly that, but in 2000 words...

No comments:

Post a Comment