Monday, August 22, 2011

SPANISH 201 WHY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SPANISH 201

WHY ARE YOU TAUGHT IN SPANISH

I know it's a Spanish class but but but SHOULDN'T YOU TEACH IN ENGLISH

SO THAT I CAN LEARN SPANISH

I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC BEHIND THIS DECISION.

Well ok I guess I kinda get how hearing the language the entire time helps us develop an ear for it but THE LEARNING PART, THAT DOES NOT WORK FOR THE LEARNING

I got there, picked the first open seat I saw (which was in the back) and the first thing the teacher says is YOU HAVE TO SIT IN THE FRONT GODDAMNIT.

Except it was in Spanish and I don't think she said goddamnit. LUCKILY I understood enough of that to know OH THAT MEANS ME (and the other kids in the back but MORE RELEVANTLY, ME). So I move to the front, cool, no big deal, but then she KEEPS TALKING IN SPANISH

REALLY FAST

And I'm just sitting there like
Photobucket
The whole time, I'm catching a few words of each sentence, so my mental translator is all like "CLASS. CHAIR. NAME. DON'T PLAGIARIZE. YOU'RE ALL TERRIBLE PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BRING YOUR SYLLABUS TO CLASS."

I don't even know if that last one is what she actually said, but that's what I got out of it.

And that was my FIRST class.

So I went into my second class (Latin American Social and Popular Culture) with a slightly perturbed attitude, but LO AND BEHOLD

IT WAS AWESOME. The class is held in this freakin huge lecture room and WE'RE GOING TO DANCE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC AND WATCH MOVIES AND EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING HURTS

I'm not even joking. Part of the class is listening to music and watching movies. AND WE'RE GOING TO LEARN THE SAMBA.
Photobucket
THE FREAKIN SAMBA

Oh Lat.Am.Culture, I can forgive your ridiculously long name because you are awesome and the greatest.

Those were my only two classes today though! "Awful McTerrible" and "TheGreatest Forever".

I need to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in order to keep my scholarship. If I stay enrolled in Awful McTerrible, though, that won't happen. So I'm going to switch it out for...

ITALIAN 101. HAHA. It's kinda like Spanish, except I get to start from LEVEL 1 with the rest of the noobs. AWWWW YEAH
Photobucket
#winning

Tomorrow I have Chemistry though.
Photobucket

THAT'S the class to worry about. I'm worried it's going to try to become my new Calculus--as in, THE DEATH OF ME. If you hear from me tomorrow afternoon, you'll know I lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment