Sunday, October 16, 2011

NaNoWriMo (i.e. my impending demise)

NaNoWriMo is in 15 days. Basically two weeks.

Photobucket

THE ANTICIPATION IS SLOWLY MURDERING ME. Like, it's got a bag over my head, but it also has a gun pointed at my head, too, and there's a bottle of poison sitting on the counter inconspicuously. The only reason it hasn't killed me yet is because IT CAN'T DECIDE HOW.
Photobucket

So in preperation for what may very likely ruin my psyche, I signed into the site and spiffed up my user profile, added a brief, vague synopsis and a rough, rough, VERY ROUGH excerpt using what little material I've already written. You can find all that here.

If you're expecting to find me writing the way I do on this blog, then you'll be disappointed. There is a significant lack of capslock by comparison, and I don't ramble about the weather or how I'm a terrible human being and yet at the same time awesome. My writing style isn't very well developed, and sometimes it does whatever the hell it wants to. I'm not a genre writer, so I can't really say "It's an action adventure!" or "it's a crime/thriller drama!". The best I can say is that it's, uh, a story with characters and some semblance of a plot. And there's some stuff about superpowers in there? AND SCIENCE.

What, did you think you could escape the science? HA HA HA.
Photobucket
Science is always there. You can never escape the science.

I'm still debating whether or not to post what I write, AS I'm writing it, on this blog. That would guarantee regular posts, but those posts would consist of "AND THEN THEY ALL DIED, except they didn't, and then they suddenly noticed the weather and LET ME TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER FOR FIVE PARAGRAPHS. Coffee break. I mean, they took a coffee break, because I need a coffee break, and OK ACTION TIME AGAIN."

But maybe the knowledge that I'd have to upload what I write would force me to attempt higher quality, coherent writing? REGARDLESS of what I decide, if by some miracle I manage to finish the 50K word count and find a decent ending to whatever it is I create during the month of November, SOME OF YOU are gonna be forced to read it all over and tell me to go back to focusing on school because this is the stupidest thing you've ever read. And that's good! I MIGHT NEED TO HEAR THAT. So just, prepare yourselves.

Speaking of preparing, which I've technically already been talking about--I NEED TO PREPARE FOR MY MIDTERMS. I have two of them on Monday (that is, TOMORROW). Latin American Culture and Chemistry 151.

Photobucket

I've studied for the first one a bit, but it's not really top priority. Top priority is Chemistry, because as much as I like science, I WANT TO PUNCH CHEMISTRY IN THE FACE. I want to punch chemistry so hard it loses electrons and becomes a positive ion. Then I'll crush it's new positive outlook on life by hurdling those same electrons back at it's face with such a force that causes those electrons to SPLIT INTO TWO and therefore turn the newly positive ion into a NEGATIVE ION, doomed to live the rest of it's days out as a pessimistic frowney-face.

Basically the point of all that is, I haven't studied for Chemistry. I mean--HAHAHA. What?
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment