Friday, February 4, 2011

Weekend Ramble

This is a weekend summary post, so you might want to pee first and maybe bring a snack before reading...?

SO. I am such a loser! I stayed home from school on Friday because a) it was cold, and b) I didn't want to take my math test.

But mostly because it was cold. Our heater was out and we didn't have any hot water! I-..I couldn't take a shower!

...WHAT A LOSER! Not that being a loser is necessarily a BAD thing, I mean, hey, if you're good at something you might as well run with it, and I'm good at LOSING so what that means is that when it comes to LOSING I'm actually a WINNER. See, even when I'm insulting myself, it's never actually a real insult. It's praise in DISGUISE. Because I am my favorite person ever.

So what DID my rubbish self do all Friday with the spare time? I slept a lot, for one; I don't think I woke up till around 9:30-10:00 (because I'm a loser, remember?). And then when I woke up, I had a Red Bull and Pringles for breakfast--that was definitely a WINNING choice.

And since part of the reason for staying home WAS math related, I was smart enough to study some Trigonometry too. Call me a cheater? Whatever! I don't care!
Photobucket

And yknow what I learned from all this studying? Um. Well, I learned that Circlesquare makes excellent study music.

And no, Circlesquare isn't some kind of geometry... I can't find the circumference or the perimeter of Circlesquare...

But that's FINE because I'm not DOING geometry, I'm doing TRIG, BITCH. We don't DO that shit in Trig. We do stuff like ANGLES and shit. We're all about TRIANGLES here.

Unless we're doing that kind of geometry shit LATER and I just don't KNOW about it, um.

ANYWAY later in the day we actually got our gas back so we have hot water now!
Photobucket

But our actual heater is still dead and probably will be for the next week, so.
Photobucket

I also FINALLY got around to watching the US remake of Let The Right One In (they retitled it Let Me In because the original title was too long, LOL but that's understandable). I'd read the book and seen the original Swedish film, so I was doubly biased. AND YET, I think I actually like the US movie a little bit better than the Swedish one! I know this is considered BLASPHEMY to fans everywhere but but but it had better pacing, ok? But both films have aspects that are better than the other though, so if you're a diehard fan of the first one, have mercy and spare my life!

In the US remake, they had to leave out a lot of sub-characters and their sub-plots, but that's understandable. What's NOT understandable is the fact that they left out the CREEPIEST PART of the WHOLE DAMN BOOK, i.e., getting locked in the SOUNDPROOF BASEMENT and hiding from the freakin BLIND RAPIST ZOMBIE.

BLIND RAPIST ZOMBIE. The movie was supposed to be creepy HOW COULD THEY LEAVE THAT OUT? I mean, books almost never scare me, but it was hella late at night when I was reading it and the scene was written so well and and just khjflkhjgkjgj I had to put the book down and go like
Photobucket

So I was waiting the WHOLE MOVIE for that scene, too. But hell, the zombie wasn't even in the movie AT ALL. So that was VERY disappointing, but otherwise it wasn't a bad movie. Of course the book is still better (even if it IS hella weird) but I didn't hate the movie so I say this is a VICTORY I guess.


Also, this is why Circlesquare is good study music:

I like it because their more ambient songs like this provide good background noise without being too distracting.


Now, SATURDAY:
Saturday, my mom got sick. This is a REALLY BAD THING, because what usually happens when my mom gets sick is she plays this game called "I Hate Everything In The World So I'm Going To Clean The Whole Damn House Instead Of Resting Like I Should".

And I'm not a big fan of this game. But that's what happened. And so, because the house had been turned upside down during the whole MUST. CLEAN. EVERYTHING. AT. THE MICROSCOPIC. LEVEL. game, I asked my sister if I could go chill at her apartment instead.

AND SO I DID. Jess and Derek had to go grocery shopping first, so we did that, then watched America's Funniest Home videos while we ate dinner. After dinner we played Little Big Planet 2, which looks like the simplest game ever but it's FREAKIN HILARIOUS and stupidly fun, especially when you're playing with other people. By the time I got home, my stomach hurt from too much giggling.

AND TODAY, I have yet to do anything worth noting. But it's hella early by my time standards, so.

And now, how about a mashup of Lovegame and...Ghostbusters. Don't ask me where I find this stuff cause I don't even know:


Yes, this is the greatest thing you've heard all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment