Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY DAY

Despite the fact that it IS indeed a MONDAY, and the first day back from winter break, I am making every attempt to be EXTRA HAPPY today!!!!

MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!

Have a happy meme:
1. A picture of you smiling.


2. A picture that makes you smile.

Prancing!

3. A quote that makes you smile.
Paraphrased from memory, so I don't know if this is exactly it, but:

"You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down." --Ray Bradbury

He wrote Fahrenheit 451, if you were wondering where you knew the name :)

4. A song or lyric that makes you smile.
Of Montreal's "Wraith Pinned To The Mist And Other Games", or "Cameras" by Matt and Kim.

And while this song isn't all upbeat and happy like some others, I have always loved the lyrics in Patrick Wolf's "The Messenger.":
I won't fear what tomorrow may take
Stay blind to my future and fate
I won't hear what the others may say
Let only love lead the way


5. A picture of someone famous smiling.


Stéphane Lambiel :)

Ok so he's not THAT famous BUT...BUT STILL. He's prettier than, like...EVERYONE.

6. Something you found when doing a search for "smile".

On tumblr :)

7. A movie that makes you happy.
Wall-E, Finding Nemo, Up, and pretty much every other Pixar movie :)

8. A site that makes you happy.
...tumblr?

9. A youtube video that makes you happy.



I don't know why! They're just playing Super Mario Wii and you can't even see the game but it AMUSES ME SO MUCH ;;;

10. Define happiness in your own words.

Happiness is hard to define, because it's so variable.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can't hurt it either.

Happiness is not a goal; it's not a date you can mark on your calendar and count down the days to. It's something intangible, and you can't always recognize it right away when you find it.

It can be a brief moment or a state of being.

It can creep up on you, and you might only notice it when it's gone.

It's not always something found, but often something made.

Happiness is doing what you want to do--whatever that may be.

---

Because it was the first day back, we didn't do anything in school today. I feel like I just sat around for hours wasting time. BUT THAT'S OK.

CAUSE I'M HAPPY.

Hope everyone had a good day, or if you didn't, I hope you all follow in my example and MAKE it a good day!

2 comments:

  1. YAY BUGGUH! I can tell I'm going to LOVE reading your blog. Keep em coming dude! And that video is WIN btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEFAAAAA :D I'm probably just going to do a bunch of memes on here, so if you ever get bored you'll have like...an endless supply of them from me, haha.

    ReplyDelete