Thursday, January 6, 2011

SCIEEEEENCE

As a New Year's resolution, both my mom and my sister are going to try to read the entire Bible in one year with a group of friends! Um.
Photobucket

LOOOOOL no no, I'm not weird about it. But being the only atheist in the family, I decided it would be appropriate to go out and buy MY equivalent of a Bible, so I picked up Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World: Science As A Candle In The Dark. I've been meaning to get it for a while, and since I was at Bookman's I thought HEEEY, CHEAP BOOKS. It's extremely appropriate as my alternative because one of my favorite quotes is FROM this book ("It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.") That pretty much sums up my belief system right there!

I also got Queen's greatest hits. That pretty much sums up my belief system, too.

I won't be able to read it right away though, since I'm still WAY engrossed in Genome: The Autobiography Of A Species in 23 Chapters right now. Which is a fantastic, FANTASTIC book, by the way. Like. Seriously I'm nerding out over it. Every time I pick it up to read it I want to turn to everyone and be all OH MY GOD GUYS SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL SCCIEENNCCEEEEE.

Like, right NOW I'm on the verge of nerding out HELLA bad, wow. If my school had lockers, I bet I'd get thrown in them all the time. Cause, yknow, I've just got too much nerd-factor for the world to handle. They'd put me in the lockers to keep themselves SAFE from the overwhelming nerd-factor. Hell, I'd TELL them to do it.

THINK OF YOUR SAFETY, CHILDREN. FORGET ABOUT SWINE FLU, I HAVE NERD-FACTOR. THIS IS SO DAMN NERDY YOU COULD DIE.
Photobucket

But aside from that, today's been an otherwise typical day. We went to an awesome Mexican restaurant (La Parilla Suiza), and the whole time I was reading the menu, I was thinking I SHOULD TOTALLY ORDER EVERYTHING IN SPANISH

"ME GUSTARIA...TODO."

So I was all prepared and ready to go, but when the waiter got there he started talking at me really fast in this heavy accent and I was like

Photobucket

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HALF OF WHAT HE SAID ;;; So I just ordered in English. OH WELL. Maybe next time.


MOAR DANCE SONGS:


I don't care that I've already posted an Example song! And I don't think I'll ever run out of songs that reference dancing. WE'LL SEE HOW LONG THIS LASTS.

Don't like it? Uh.. Well...

WELL FINE.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment