Monday, January 31, 2011

In Which I Freak Out About Science

OH HELLO THERE I DIDN'T SEE YOU COME IN

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A SEAT, because what I'm about to tell you is SO AMAZING, perhaps so much that your knees will give out and you'll collapse to the floor, potentially twisting your ankle in such a way that requires immediate medical attention, and thus you might be rushed off to the hospital to treat said injury, at which point you'll have forgotten what was so amazing in the first place, asking me to kindly remind you again.

And so I'll tell you again, and then you'd fall again. Rinse, repeat.

Starting tomorrow and continuing every Tuesday for the next SIX WEEKS, some of the best astronomers and scientists in the field will be doing a series of lectures at the UofA. Admission is FREE, and I get extra credit in my AP Biology class if I give a brief presentation on what I learned.

But mostly the point is ADMISSION IS FREE.
Photobucket

You might not know this, depending on who you are and where you're from, but the University of Arizona is one of the best places to go if you're interested in Astronomy. While I certainly have the passion to pursue such a career, I cannot, as I am a math retard. My math experience is pretty much forever made of DERP and FAIL
Photobucket

If you don't know, a math retard is someone who is retarded only in the field of math. But they're perfectly fine in every other field, so to assume they're overall idiots is stupidly presumptuous, and most definitely offensive!

HOWEVER, even though I may never become an Astrophysicist, that in no way implies I have given up my passion for the field in any way. QUITE THE CONTRARY, I am still endlessly fascinated by it.

The only potential bad thing about this is that I should probably drive downtown to these lectures myself in order to get used to the trip, so instead of us being like this
Photobucket

It'll probably just be like this
Photobucket

I'm honestly not very aware of my audience, or if I even have one, but if you live in Tucson and are interested, the information can be found here: http://cos.arizona.edu/cosmic/default.htm

ANYWAY, MUST TALK ABOUT SOMETHING TRIVIAL in order to offset the SERIOUS SCIENCE verbiage above.

UM.

UM.

How about I just leave how about that. Seriously I've gotta go to bed you're such an ass I can't believe you made me stay awake just to post this. NOW I'M LIKE 10 MINUTES LATE and those are ten minutes of sleep I'll NEVER GET BACK ;;;

1 comment:

  1. Haha I can relate to being math retarded, I got a D on my math test :/ but mostly for stupid mistakes such as signs, but we know this :]
    Today's lecture was interesting though I would've liked a little less history and a little bit of more astronomy rock and roll, but the next lectures will have what I desire, none the less this was a nice intro, and if all college professors lecture like Professor Consolmgnos then I am happy, he was able to catch my attention and keep it.

    ReplyDelete